You can help reduce the Nassau County mosquito population!
West Nile Virus
You Can Help Reduce the Nassau County Mosquito Population
In just 3-4 days, mosquitoes can begin breeding in standing water. Here are some simple things that each homeowner can do to reduce the mosquito population.
- Each week from April to October walk around your yard and remove all standing water from:
- flower pots
- children's toys any item that can trap water
- decorative garden ornaments & furniture
- Check recycling and trash cans, tire swings (drill holes in tops and bottoms so water can drain)
- Flush birdbaths at least once a week
- Remove any debris that can collect water (candy wrappers, cans, folded paper or plastic)
- Pool owners: drain pool covers
The following links will give you more information on the West Nile Virus:
Last updated March 2, 2015