EMF Farm Program Assistant
Classification Title: Association Temp Program
Job Title: EMF Farm Program Assistant
Number of Positions: One
Location: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Nassau County
832 Merrick Avenue, East Meadow, NY 11554
The East Meadow Far m Program Assistant will provide assistance in helping with projects at CCE-Nassau County East Meadow Farm. Specific projects will be to work with the Community Educator in order to establish a second round Texas A&M University rose study and a new ornamental grass research project. Work with the Community Educator and other Urban Forestry Program staff to assist with the native plant program and East Meadow Farm Demonstration Gardens and ongoing volunteer committees.
This position is a Temporary position for 6 months at 15-19.5 hours per week.
- Provide assistance with maintaining and cultivating Texas A&M University study of grass and rose trial gardens at East Meadow Farm. Assist CCE-NC’s Urban Forestry and Asian Longhorn Beetle Program staff with Urban Forestry Program.
- Assist Urban Forestry Program staff with American chestnut project.
- Assist the East Meadow Farm Community Educator by helping to plant fruit trees and berries, for a new demonstration garden. Assist Community Educator with CCE- Nassau County East Meadow Farm Native Plant program.
- Assist the East Meadow Community Educator with the East Meadow Farmstand and Dorothy P Flint 4-H Camp Farm when needed.
- Assist the East Meadow Farm Community Educator with administrative responsibilities affiliated with the planning and scheduling of the upcoming Master Gardener Class.
- Assist the East Meadow Farm Community Educator in the planning and installation of a pollinator garden at Dorothy P. Flint Camp.
- Assist the Community Educator in planning and coordination of installing a demonstration rain garden at EMF.
- Assist the Community Educator in researching grant resources and working with staff to apply for grants.
- Assist the Community Educator with Junior Master Gardener program at Clark Gardens.
- Assist the Community Educator with the planning and implementation of educational presentation at East Meadow Farm facility.
- Associate Degree in science or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Meet acceptable background check standard, if required.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Must be able to lift 10-20lbs.
- B.A in Environmental Science
To apply please submit a cover letter and a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the below link for application:
Last updated January 10, 2017